Not all nuraghic monuments are located in rugged or hard to reach places. Some today stand near major and busy highways. This is the case of the Nuraghe Losa, an impressive fortress, built in regular courses of basalt blocks, consisting of a central keep surrounded by three towers linked by curtain walls. Another, outer wall encloses an ample area which has several stone huts. Right next to the entrance to the fortress there is a separate tower-hut with two entrances, wall niches, other recesses for sleeping and embrasures. Inside this hut a small trachyte pillar has been found, perhaps a betyl-tower: this finding suggests that this hut was for ritual use. The whole complex was built in several stages, over a long time span ranging from the Middle Bronze Age (1500 BC) to the Early Iron Age (650 BC). It was also reused in historical periods.