Aristotle reminds us that each reality has its roots deep in the past, or rather in ‘a’ past. This obviously also applies to the nuraghic civilisation. That world too had its own past which has left traces for us to recognise. The burial area consisting of the chamber tombs cut into the rock on the hill of Filigosa, not far from the town of Macomer, belongs to that past, the past of nuraghic civilization. These tombs date from the Copper Age (2500 – 1800 BC). There are four of them: three positioned at the base of the hill and the fourth higher up. They are accessed through a ‘dromos’, which is a corridor leading into the main chamber. Around this central space, secondary chambers are arranged: here the dead had their last resting place, set there after undergoing scarnitura (the stripping of flesh). Tomb number two has, in the centre of the main chamber, a fireplace which was used for ritual ceremonies. These tombs were in use from the middle of the third millennium BC until the beginning of the second millennium BC.